Because of our continued growth, The Arland Group is seeking a Social Media Specialist to write for and manage some of our most important social media accounts. For public relations professionals, this is a unique opportunity to combine professional writing and social media strategy with clients ranging from FORTUNE 500 companies to startups.
This is a role where you can grow with us and determine what your career path looks like. If you want more responsibility, you can have it. If you want to share ideas, we want to hear them. In other words, you can be much more than just a Social Media Specialist—you can help determine the future direction of the company.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer an environment where you will grow as a professional and earn based on merit. We offer a competitive base salary and bonus opportunities, 401K, paid time off, paid parking and flexible scheduling. Our Social Media Specialists also get to choose one day per week to work from home.
We aren’t interested in micromanaging, so you must be able to perform your daily responsibilities without someone looking over your shoulder. We also expect a candidate who has:
• A background in public relations, preferably, but applicable fields are also welcome
• The ability to manage and monitor all social media platforms on a daily basis to preserve our clients’ brand integrity; posting timely and engaging content, responding to inquiries, interacting with people and increasing overall online presence, fan base, and engagement levels.
• Google Adwords experience and/or Analytics Certification (HIGHLY preferred.)
• Proficient writing skills with knowledge of Social Media Management (SMM) and best practices for writing social posts.
• The skill to write and coordinate publication of timely content (blogs, social posts, web copy, emails, video scripts, news articles and releases, etc.) across multiple digital and traditional media channels.
• A passion for all things social media and digital content – including, but not limited to: Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Snapchat
• A willingness to collaborate with key managers and subject matter experts across the organization to develop and execute digital content marketing initiatives that align to our clients’ objectives.
• The capability to stay abreast of new developments and changes in social media and digital solutions; proactively share best practices, trends and tips with internal teams.
• The empathy, patience and professionalism to address client requests, procedures and problems with clients who are unfamiliar with social media features, account settings, etc.
• The ability to think for him or herself and be able to make decisions – sometimes without direction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to put in sweat equity, knowing you will be rewarded for commitment and great work produced.
• The ability to take direction and criticism without taking offense.
• The talent to deliver engaging presentations in front of internal and external groups.
• Google Adwords and/or Analytics Certification preferred but not required.
Our vision is to continue to grow our people’s careers, wow our customers and have a lot of fun along the way. If you are interested in taking this journey with us, apply today!
Due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to the most qualified applicants. We will keep your resume on file for future opportunities. Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, salary requirements and portfolio to Jessy: email@example.com.